It’s been about a month that I’ve been practicing Bikram yoga, and I am enjoying it. Some classes feel great, others are really difficult, but all in all, it is good. Yesterday’s class was a hard one, when it was over I felt like I had run 10 miles — no kidding. I was beat. But once I recovered (and stopped sweating), I felt great for the rest of the day. I don’t know if it was hard because my body didn’t want to cooperate or because I push myself more than usual.
Some interesting things I’ve noticed about practicing yoga are:
1) I drink a lot more water
2) I don’t drink as much wine
3) I am more careful about what I eat, especially before I go to class
4) Aerobic exercise at the gym is much easier
5) The clothes are really comfortable
6) And perhaps I am a bit more calm and peaceful
But I’m not actually losing any weight. They say Bikram burns 700+ calories a class, and I’m not eating an extra 700 calories, so why is my weight not budging? Maybe it takes a time…we will have to see.
All in all, I feel great, and I look forward to class. Does anyone has any opinions, pro or con on the practice?