It’s been 5 years since I’ve run a race, and I’m going to run the Market Square Day 10K in 2 weeks! Training has been tough, but kind of fun. At first, I hurt, really hurt, after each run. But I’ve feeling better each time. The exciting news is that I ran the route on Saturday (6.2 miles!) and it felt good. Monday I ran 5 and last night (Tues) I ran 6 again. Yippee! A few weeks ago, I was seriously doubting that I could do 6 at all. My pace is not too good, but at least I know I can finish the race strong.
I’ve been training with a group from Runners Alley in Portsmouth. We meet every Tuesday and Thursday evening in front of the store and head out as a group. Last night we went out to Newcastle and ran along the river. It was very scenic. The coaches are great, very motivating. They have coaxed us from 2 mile runs to 6 miles over the past few weeks, and even thrown in some hill training and speed work! It has been so much fun, I almost gave serious thought to continuing after the race to train for the Seacoast Half Marathon…. Then I came to my senses and remembered that I am older than I used to be and even 6 miles is pushing my limits!
- So here I am an hour early! Gotta love the return to Standard Time! I know my cell phone changes the hour... fb.me/1FCoT2RSm 2 weeks ago
- An Extra Hour! letsgetinshapetogether.com/2017/11/05/an-… 2 weeks ago
- Doesn’t this look good? It is! fb.me/2sETw0OuV 3 weeks ago
- Enough said! 29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree... fb.me/YCHbhXno 1 month ago
- Eat Plants letsgetinshapetogether.com/2017/10/15/eat… https://t.co/FDSY3CLNpJ 1 month ago
- Our bodies are full of bacteria – good and bad. Probiotics are good or beneficial bacteria. They help the body... fb.me/BgeBJ4IJ 1 month ago
- Probiotics — The Good Bacteria letsgetinshapetogether.com/2017/09/30/pro… 1 month ago
- (H)EAT 200 situps animal protein anti cancer aspartame bikram yoga black beans books Brussels sprouts calories cancer cardio equipment childhood obesity coffee counting calories cow's milk cruciferous vegetables CSA dairy diet diet soda DOMS eggplant Exercise fat burning zone fitness free weights friends glass containers GMO foods goals green leafy vegetables gym half marathon training heart disease immune system interval training juicing kale lose weight metabolism METs milk motivation New Year's Resolutions non dairy nutrition onions phytochemicals plant based diet plastic recipes Resolutions road races running running shoes self help Thanksgiving The China Study tofu tofu recipe track workout treadmill vegan vegan diet vegan recipe walking weight loss weight loss weight training wine women only gyms Year in Review yoga yoga mala