This year, I’ve decided to treat my New Year’s Resolutions more like personal and professional goals rather than resolutions. To reexamine them each month, and to set 1-2 specific monthly goals to keep on track. So far it’s been working out well. Here is my review of March:
- Welcome every morning with a smile 🙂 — I have been pretty good about this one. Rather than start the day growling at the alarm clock, most days I’ve remembered to smile and being thankful for another day!
- Post at least once a week on this blog –So far so good!
- Complete the Seacoast Race Series –The race series runs from May to November, so I haven’t actually run any of the races yet, but I have started running again and I did sign up for the first race in the series.
- Lose 5 pounds– I’m down 3 in March; buying that scale really helped keep me on track for this one.
- Remember to take my vitamins daily –I have a new trick. I got tired of standing at the cabinet opening bottles of vitamins, minerals and other supplements, and I am way too young and healthy for one of those pill boxes with a compartment for every day of the week, so I bought some of the little snack size plastic bags and filled up a bunch. Now I can just take a baggie out of the cabinet and have all my vitamins, etc. in one place. (I know it’s the same thing as a pill-box, but it makes me feel better)
- Cut coffee down to 1 cup a day and drink more tea –Amazingly I’ve been able to do this. I don’t even miss the afternoon cup of coffee anymore. And, since I’ve been cutting down on dairy, I put soy milk in my morning coffee. It really isn’t as good as cream or half and half, and so I often don’t even drink my full cup of coffee in the morning. (Unless I get a soy latte at Starbucks, then I finish it all up!)
- Make a new friend and deepen 1-2 existing friendships –Last night I stepped out of my comfort zone and made some new acquaintances. I got together with a group of women I met via a local Facebook group, Pink Martini Confessions. I had been reading some of their posts and we’d commented back and forth. I felt a connection with one of the women as we shared a lot of interests, so when the opportunity to meet came up, I went for it. We had a lot of fun over drinks and dinner!
- Get together with girlfriends –Just last week, I had dinner with my friend Diane who I hadn’t seen in 2 years. After dinner, another friend of ours, Brenda met up with us and we had a great time catching up. I also rejoined the book club I used to be in. I forgot how much fun
wine club, oops, book club was. Everyone was very welcoming; I’m looking forward to next month.
- Listen to more current music–I have been tuning into “The Loft” more often on my XM radio–trying not to always listen to “Classic Vinyl”!
Some things that need work are:
Keeping up with my professional blog (goal of 2 posts per month. In March I got in one post)
Watch less TV. Now that “my shows” are back on — Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, I won’t be working on this goal until after May!
Goals for April:
- Post at least twice on my Media and Communications blog
- Refuse to participate in negativity–at work, at home or on the news!