I came upon this article from Health Impact News Daily. It is worth reading. The article makes it clear that we need to take care of our own health and not rely on government or the experts to act in our best interest
As the title states, the article points out that
- In the US we spend more on healthcare and yet we have the highest death rate as compared to other high income countries, and that:
- Government is not the solution.
- The FDA acts on behalf of the drug companies, condemning natural remedies can’t be patented and controlled by the drug companies.
- We are addicted to prescription drugs, and prescription drug kill over 100,000 people each year.
- US babies get more vaccines before age one than any of the other comparable countries, and yet we rank #1 among those countries in infant mortality.
- As of 2011, drug companies are protected from liability from harm caused by vaccines.
- 50 countries restrict or ban GMO foods, yet the US and Canada don’t even require GMO labeling.
What can we do? I believe we need to take control of our own health by eating right, exercising, getting plenty of sleep and adopting a healthy lifestyle. In this way we will live healthy lives, and when we do get sick and need medical assistance, our bodies and immune system will be strong and better able to combat disease.