The thing about juicing is that you can put ANY combination of veggies and/or fruits in the juicer and voila! you have a nutritious juice.
Most of the time the juice is delicious. (However sometimes I have added a combination of things that resulted in a not so great juice.)
But, today my juice was terrific! Light and flavorful…but green, so if this bothers you, throw in a small red beet!
This is what I juiced:
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- a handful of kale stems
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 of small kohlrabi
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 small cucumber (I use pickling cucumbers)
- 1 small apple
- small piece of ginger
Not only does this drink taste good, it provides plenty of nutritional value!
- Calories 131
- Protein 4.1 g
- Vitamin A 801 mg (115% of RDA)
- Vitamin C 65 mg (87% o RDA)
- Calcium 125 mg (10% of RDA)
- Iron 2 mg (25% of RDA)
- Magnesium 72 mg (23% of RDA)
- Potassium 997 mg (21% of RDA)
- Plus a bunch of other important vitamins and minerals
Let me know if you give this a try, or post some of your best juice combinations!