My blog is 2 years old today! I started this blog as motivation to help me get back into exercise and healthy eating after a lapse in both. I am very happy to report that I have been successful in terms of exercise, healthy eating, and blogging.
On the exercise front I manage to go to the gym a few days a week and workout with weights. I am on a good program and have gotten stronger. I also practice yoga 2-3 days a week and it feels great! Last spring I got back into running and ran some 5k and 10k races and even ran a half marathon. My times certainly weren’t what they once were, but I DID IT!
My eating has improved greatly. I even lost some of the excess weight I had gained. I would be very happy to lose 5 pounds more, but as I have heard more than once, “it’s only a number”. More importantly I managed to bring my cholesterol numbers back in line. My next steps in my quest to eat healthy are to buy (and use) a juicer and start buying organic vegetables (more on that later).
I really like making (and hopefully keeping) New Year’s Resolutions. It is a time to reflect on my personal and professional life and to set some goals. It’s hard not to just cut and paste last year’s resolutions as I’d like to continue to work on those, but I’ll rephrase them a bit for 2012…Let’s make this year great!
“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.
- Live in the present moment — don’t worry about the past or dwell on the future
- Have a positive outlook
- Get another annual client for my business
- Send at least 2 e-newsletters this year
- Write at least 2 blog post on my business blog each month
- Write weekly posts on this blog, settle on a “look” set up pages: nutrition, exercise, self help
- Exercise: yoga 2x/wk, weights 2x/wk, run 1-3x/wk in season
- Run Seacoast Race Series — improve times over 2011
- Lose 5 lbs
- Take vitamins daily
- Drink more tea, less coffee (1 cup/day)
- Deepen 1-2 friendships
- Make 1 new friend
- Write (and mail) one letter each week,
- Get together with girl friends at least once a month
- Monthly, visit Taylor and Kelsey and/or my Dad
- Go skiing
- Listen to more current music (less Classic Rock!)
- Watch less TV, use down time more productively
I like the idea of making monthly resolutions to stay on track so for January my resolutions are:
Personal — Go on a ski trip with Kelsey (this one is easy as it’s already booked!)
Professional — Clean up my e-newsletter contact list